A lot of Celebrities have been spotted in trendy denim vest with studs. Studded Denim Vest is sure to be a hotseller this season. Since it's a very trendy item for this season, the price can be daunting. But hey, no worries there, this cool looking denim vest barely cost me $5. All you gotta do is find one old denim jacket or if you dont own one thrifting wouldnt be a bad idea either. Here is how i turned my old fashioned denim jacket into brand new studded vest.
- Remove the sleeves of the jacket.
- Buy a packet of studs at your closest arts and crafts store. there are different sizes and designs available. I decided to go with the small ones.
- The studs I used for this denim is iron-on studs. You have to preheat the iron on cotton settings.
- Use your iron board since it needs to be ironed on a hard surface.
- Warm up the section of the denim where you would like to stick the stud.
- Peel of the textured backing from the packet( the black colored one). You should leave the clear plastic sheet as it is )
- Place the plastic sheet on the denim making sure than the clear plastic is sticking to the denim.
- Turn the denim inside out and place iron over the are where u have placed your studs. Apply pressure for about 15-20 seconds. Then move the iron in circular motion for another 10 seconds.
- Leave it to cool down for 3-5 minutes and then slowly peel the clear plastic away from your denim.
P.S: this is the EASIEST DIY ever. You guys should totally try it out. If you decide to use iron-on studs then the studs come with instructions in the packet. But if you decide to use the ones with hook then you gotta poke hole in your denim. Either ways it will make your denim look hot and trendy. TRY it OUT.